My week was pretty boring. Nothing interesting happened other than founding out that our nephew, Justin will be staying with us till the end of the school year. OH!!! Sunday was my sister-in-law, Marlo’s Birthday. So we paid a visit to her on her birthday. I’d say the highlight of my week was….the Baby Update :P

For those that didnt know, I went to a OB/GYN yesterday ^_^. My appointment was at 2:30pm. Michael and I left early around 1:45pm to finish paperwork before my apointment. I ended up finishing the paperwork at 2:35pm. The nurse was nice but it was hard to understand her. She weighed me which I have gained about 18 pounds. The doctor didnt actually see me till about 3:10pm. I had to be all nakey which was really uncomfortable…luckily he told me that it’s the only time that I’ll probably ever have to do that again for another year T_T. After doing some tests, he wanted to check the baby’s heartbeat. “A healthy baby is an active baby” so he said. The jelly he put on my belly was SO cold!!! I ended up laughing because I ended up being really ticklish. Michael was laughing too which made me crack up even more. I couldnt stop laughing but I still got to hear my baby’s heartbeat ^_^After my little check up, the doctor answered all my questions which was great. :) He also told me the hospital that I would be going to deliver my baby. I was so happy when he told me it was Winnie Palmer Hospital because it was the one Michael and I was hoping for.

After the doctor left, the nurse gave me an orange drink and I had to come back an hour later for some blood work. Michael and I just ended up staying in the lobby watching Transformers in the big comfy chairs. After the hour was up, I went inside and sat in the chair waiting for the blood work to be done. I hate needles, especially when I have to give my blood out. T_T. Doing the blood work sucked because I saw around 7 vials I had to fill up with my own blood. When the nurse finally began collecting blood from my right arm, I had filled about 4 1/2 vials when she said that it’s time for the other arm. DAMNIT! haha. Apparently my blood didnt want to come out, or it stopped coming out from what Michael has told me. So I had to fill blood from my left arm as well. I sort of figured that’s what happened. The same thing happened back during my Senior when I donated blood. UGH, when I finally was able to come home, it was around 4:45pm. I felt so weak and tired after that visit. I mean I only ate breakfast around 8:30am that day and then went to my Appointment. That’s NINE hours! I came home and scarf down some Taco Bell. My arms are a little bit sore from the blood work other than that, I’m fine ^_^.

I could’ve done an ultrasound yesterday but I just wanted to go home and eat. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the ultrasound around 3:30pm my time. EEEP!! I’m so excited. I’ll finally get to know if it’s a boy or a girl! so Excited. OH! darnit, I have to call to see if they allow pictures/recordings of the ultrasound. EEEEP! haha. I’m gonna go and take a nap. Still a bit tired.



  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Buzz
  • Reddit

One Comment on "OB/GYN"

  1. nikki February 28, 2008 at 7:00 AM -

    oh my goodness. this is far too exciting! i can’t believe i’m going to be an aunt. i can’t believe you’re going to be a mom! you’re going to be such a loving mom. you’re going to spoil that child, i know it! i hope it’s a boy =]

Leave A Response

You must be logged in to post a comment.